As part of Research & Development, the Lab Technologist position is responsible for testing as it relates to the DNA Genotek portfolio of products. In this role, the Lab Technologist will be responsible for managing testing timelines, performing hands-on lab work (e.g. extraction and quantification of DNA from biological samples, kinetic enzyme assays), summarizing data, and communicating the results with the team.
• Performs experiments to assist in solving scientific problems of interest to the company, with guidance from a Research Associate or Scientist.
• Executes, and analyzes experiments.
• Performs hands-on laboratory experimental work.
• Communicates ideas and participates in scientific discussions.
• Maintains daily records (written and electronic) of work accomplished in the laboratory.
• Prepares written summaries of experimental results.
• May assist in the preparation and maintenance of laboratory protocols as required for Good Laboratory practice.
• May assist in the preparation of patents arising from DNA Genotek research activities.
• May assist in laboratory management duties such as purchase and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
• Other duties deemed appropriate for a Lab Technologist.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or an equivalent combination of relevant job experience and training.
At DNA Genotek, we are committed to building and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment.
Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find a suitable accommodation.